Friday, January 14, 2011

Raspberry Tartletts

And no, we're not talking about a band of 6th-grade hussies dressed like Britney Spears!  This is one of those recipes that eluded my attention for years!  A friend of mine, an anesthesiologist at Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland, used to bring these little lovelies to work on occasion to share.  She and her daughter would make them and I could have just eaten the whole plate!  They remind me very much of my favorite jam-filled shortbread cookies (which I have yet to master).  Anyway, I was searching for something to bake, as it's been cold in the house and I was looking for an excuse to have the oven on.  I was tired of chocolate chip cookies and banana bread so I started rifling through old handwritten recipes and came across this one!  So without further ado...

Raspberry Tartletts from Angela K.
(the EASIEST recipe you'll ever see!)

What you will need:
1/2 c butter
6 oz. cream cheese
2 c flour
raspberry jam

Oven set to 350*F

For the crust:
Mix butter, cream cheese and flour either in your Cuisinart or by hand.  Roll the dough into small balls and drop into an ungreased mini muffin tin.  Take any object you can find (I used the butt end of an IKEA ice cream scoop) and press the dough down forming a little well for the jam.  Cook the crusts for about 15 minutes, then remove, add a dollop of jam into each tart.  Make sure to add enough to make it yummy, but not so much that it will spill over.  Pop them back into the oven for about another 10-15 min.  You want them to be lightly browned.  Cooking them for awhile first THEN adding the jam keeps the jam from completely evaporating.  Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment