Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I've got the too damn hot for lettuce blues!



I had to buy lettuce at the store yesterday (the horror)! As I picked up that big, fat head of leafy green lettuce I sighed and a small tear escaped down my cheek! No more of those soft, tangy, luscious greens that blessed my table for months! Greens that children liked to eat because they weren't super chewy, greens that came in a variety of colors and textures that made each salad it's own little work of art! I really need to figure out how to grow lettuce in the summer. It's like Mother Nature is mocking me. Never to have a juicy, ripe, dripping with goodness, heirloom tomato on a bed of scrumptious, delicate leafy greens! Oh the irony! I will probably finish off the last bit of it in the next day or two and then where will I get my fix? Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment