Monday, May 18, 2009

Rainy days and domestic bliss, sort of.

Finally RAIN! An entire day of life-affirming, garden-nourishing rain! My garden and lawn are SO happy right now! And although I was thrilled to get the rain, I was a little bummed that it happened on a Saturday. Why oh why can it never just rain like hell on a Monday or Thursday? But I took advantage of the soggy weather to clean my house and to work on some projects.

Yes, the house. It seems no matter what I do it is in a constant state of disarray! Bionicle and Lego pieces in every nook and cranny, paper (half colored with the latest masterpiece, then forgotten when the attention span ebbs and something else looks more enticing), shoes on the stairs, in the entryway, behind the chair, in the bathroom, play dough in the window sill and dinosaurs... EVERYWHERE! So what does one do? Send the nasty little buggers upstairs to play and knock out as much of the downstairs as possible, then wait until they are in bed to work on the upstairs! It's a fact, cleaning up after children is much like shoveling in a snowstorm! But I'm happy to admit, things are a bit cleaner and semi-organized. At least to the point that my eye doesn't twitch everytime I walk through the house!

Luckily, my entire weekend wasn't all Swiffers and vacuum cleaners. I managed to set aside some time to finish one of the Piggy's little shirts AND to start and finish a new dress! I happened to be at Jo-Ann's last week and picked up some CUTE fabric and a couple of new patterns (yes, I'm delving into patterns now, scary)!

This specific pattern was considered to be a 1-hour EASY, for me it was more of an 8-hour, HOLY SHIT AM I DOING THIS RIGHT! But I did finish it in one weekend, so not bad! I will start a new one today. I'm thinking I might like to take a sewing class or something in the near future. I haven't really sewn, other than half-assing Halloween costumes, since I was in Home Ec in high school. I need a refresher! But I'm proud of my work, it's not perfect, but it's done and it's wearable and she seems to like it!

Little pink shirt!

Little "A" cut dress, it's cute, right?

All in all, a fulfilling weekend. Getting things done, feeling that small sense of accomplishment, and honestly, feeling fairly motivated for the week! Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment