Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good vs. Evil

Every year Big Daddy and I attend a monumental White Elephant Extravaganza put on by friends. It is without a doubt one of the biggest highlights of the holiday season. The gifts are clever, thoughtful and truly tasteless! I am amazed every year! Last year, I received an awesome gift at another White Elephant Party. It was a pair of hideous goat-head sconce things made out of heavy plastic and finished in a faux bronze and of course... "Made in China".

They were truly heinous so they were destined for re-gifting! However, when I pulled them out, they just weren't quite up to par. So I brooded for a couple of days, trying to think of how I could "enhance" these lovely items. Should I paint them neon rainbow colors, fitting to use under a black light? No, not quite. Then it hit me... Good vs. Evil! It was perfect. I broke out the paints and started on my little masterpieces. Here is the finished product...

They were a hit and hopefully went to a good home where they will be displayed in all of their glory! And I would like to formally thank my Big Daddy for convincing me to adorn "Good Goat" with a halo. It made it just that much more special! I almost miss them and wish I had kept them for myself!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could do one for each season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or each holiday! The Easter Goat, the Halloween Goat, St. Paddy's Goat! That would be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete