Saturday, January 9, 2010

All I wanted was a fucking Snickers bar!

I had a busy day today. I took the Monkey Man to his first basketball game (and he did great), then I asked Big Daddy to drop me off at the offices so I could get them taken care of while he did some re-con work for one of his clients. We didn't eat much lunch because we were running SO late, so by the time I was done with the offices I was STARVING. No problem, we could just swing by Walgreens and I'd run in and grab a Snicker bar! And if you're wondering why Walgreens, it's because they have cheaper prices on candy than say a convenience store. Anyway, I run in and look and look and cannot find a Snickers. They have ALMOND Snickers and Snickers DARK and the mondo, could-feed-3-people sized Snickers bar, but not a regular sized, regular flavored bar. So I'm walking around looking confused when I find the entire stock of Snickers on an end cap ON SALE, HOORAY! So I grab it and head to the register. Of course as I walk up, the lady with a basketful of crap gets in front of me. Sigh. I always pick the wrong line or the wrong time, but the cashier rang her up fast and I had hope. But no... she was paying with food stamps and some sort of check and the register wasn't taking it and she was complaining and managers were getting called and the line was growing behind me and FINALLY the cashier says, "Folks, this may take awhile, you may want to go to the cosmetics counter for quicker service." So I leave the line and start heading to cosmetics, as I WAS the next person in line, and lo and behold this perky,little bitch with a Kate Gosselin reverse mullet and manicured nails cuts me off and steps up to the counter in front of me! The nerve! She dumps like 7 items on the counter while I'm standing there with my one fucking candy bar looking stunned. The cashier rings her items, gives the bitch, I mean, nice, young lady, her total. Miss Perky looks incredulous as she explains how that just couldn't be the price because "this was $2.50 and this was $3.29, and blah, blah, blah..." So of course the cashier has to leave and go find ALL OF THESE FUCKING ITEMS to do a price check! At that point I dropped the candy bar on the counter in front of Little Miss Manicured Mullet and said, "Nevermind, no candy bar is worth this shit." I had such a hard time walking out because all I wanted to do was slap that bitch so hard that her mullet would face the proper direction!

I get disheartened at the lack of common decency and manners in our society. We have become nothing but a bunch of self-serving assholes who don't give jack shit about anyone or anything. Entitlement is the name of the game and it's ghastly. Emily Post would be horrified! I try so hard everyday to teach my children to be polite and attentive but sometimes I wonder if they are going to spend their entire lives getting walked on by hoards of rude, entitled, little crap weasels whose parents had shit for manners too!

And truly... all I wanted was a fucking Snickers bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment