Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Unexpected Guest!

Before I get to my visitor, I just wanted to share a couple of finds from the garden today.  Who knew yard long beans produced such a lovely flower?
Not me!  I'm used to the white flower the black-eyed peas produce, which is pretty too, but nothing compared to this gorgeous purple!  I can't wait until the entire vine is covered in flowers!

Purple seems to be the theme today as I also discovered my first little bunch of fairytale eggplant!  Aren't they sweet?!?  I see curry in my future!
But as cute as the eggplant are, they just can't hold a candle to this most welcome visitor in my garden...
I can't believe I actually saw this little guy!  It was less than an inch long, but I'm thinking must still be pretty lethal as it was licking some juicy, buggy morsel off of its little front legs!  More power to it!  I hope it has  many brothers and sisters living on my tomato vines and throughout the garden!  Something tells me they could do a helluva lot better than ABC Pest and Lawn AND they use totally organic methods!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment