Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Well what do you know?


While I was in New Mexico, my poor little garden was heinously neglected. Big Daddy was just too slammed at work to go out and harvest and coo at what's left of it. I ended up having to get rid of a lot of okra, you just can't eat them when they're a foot long! But much to my surprise, the recent rains have provided a kick start for the puniest things in my garden... the Ichiban Eggplant. I am thrilled to report that two plants are producing and I shall be eating green curry with eggplant this coming weekend for sure! Hooray! Now if the rain would just mellow a bit so I can tend to some weeding and composting and preparing the beds for the winter season. I am hoping for some winter squash and hopefully loads of spinach and greens this coming season! Mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment