Thursday, May 20, 2010

Parlsey surprise!

I went out this morning to check on the garden. Making sure the pole beans are grabbing onto their wire, making sure I don't have any major infestations, seeing how the new seedlings are doing. On the way in, I leaned over to check on my parsley and lemon balm and lo and behold, look what I found...

Isn't it gorgeous? Upon further inspection 3 of these were found...

The kids adore them which of course means that within 30 minutes from finding them I was constructing this...
A dog food dish filled with soil and 2 parsley transplants neatly tucked into a butterfly habitat! So here we go again! My best guess is they are what is commonly referred to as a "parsley worm" which turns into some sub-species of Black Swallowtail butterfly. We'll be interested to see what they become! So, one yellow woolly bear in the pupal stage in a jar on the counter and one butterfly habitat with 4 various stages of Swallowtail caterpillars! How do I get myself roped into this stuff?!? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment