Thursday, November 10, 2011

Attack of the Dreaded Mom-Mom Birds

You ever see the movie "Finding Nemo"?  Do you remember the scenes with the seagulls?  "Mine.  Mine.  Mine.  Mine. MINE, MINE, MINE!!!!"  I have a similar pair of birds in my house.  I call them Mom-Mom Birds.

Mom, where's my Nerf gun?
Mom, I pooped!
Mom, can you fit Lego Darth Vader into your nostril?
MOM, where are you?
Mom, are you in the bathroom?
Mom, the dog's licking my shoes!
Mom, what's your favorite type of meatball?
Mom, the Mega Nerf 3000 with pump-action, air-pressure bullets is the one I want, but not the one with the blond kid on front.
Mom, do you remember 3 years ago when we went to that one place that had the pumpkins and you wouldn't buy me ice cream?
Mom, why do you have to go color your hair?
Mom, can I go to work with you?
Mom, I sneezed 19 times in a row!
Mom, can you sneeze 19 times in a row.
Mom, can I have some milk.
MOM, I spilled my milk!
Mom, would you ever kiss Daddy on the mouth like that?
Mom, can we go see the Taj Mahal?
Mom, can we go outside to play?
Mom, we don't want to play outside anymore!
Mom, did you know that the Lego Millenium Falcon is like 500 bucks?
Mom, where are my sweat pants?
Mom, do I really have to clean my room?
Mom, what do you call a fish with 10 eyes?
(Mind you this is all before 9 am!)
Mom.
Mom.
Mom.
MOOOOOOMMM!!!
MOM!  MOM!  MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM!!!!
Mom do birds pee or poop or both at the same time?
Mom, why don't you have freckles?
Mom, the dog ate my horse.
Mom, come here!  You've gotta see this!
Mom, that anole had two tails!!!
Mom did you know that caterpillar poop is called frass?
Mom did you know that frass rhymes with ass?!  But you can't get mad at me because ass is another word for donkey?
Mom, what's for lunch?
Mom.
Mom.
Mom.
MOM!!!
MOOOOOOMMM!
MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM, MOM!!!!!!

Mom what's for dinner?
Mom do I have to eat it ALL?
Mom, can we have candy for dessert?
Mom do you like Lemonheads?
MOOOOOOMMM!  I don't want to brush my teeth!
Mom, why do we have to go to bed now?
Mom, can we please stay up a little longer?
FINE MOM!
Goodnight Mom!
Mom, I love you.
Mom, can I have a drink?
Mom, I forgot I need to go potty.
Mom, I'll see you in the morning.
Mom, do we really have to go to bed now?
Mom, what's for breakfast in the morning?
Mom, are you still there?
Mom, I can't find Bear Bear is he with you?
Mom, you're not gonna leave until I'm asleep, right?

Eventually, the crazy Mom-Mom Birds drift off to sleep and the Mommy bird listens to the bliss of silence.

At least until 5 am when the little Mom-Mom Bird wakes up.  Mom, can I get in bed with you?  Mommy bird lifts her wing and lets the little bird into the bed where she goes back to sleep and all is quiet and peaceful again until the Mommy bird hears the patter of feet and opens one eye to find Big Mom-Mom Bird peering over her, looking quizzical.  Whispering it says, "Mom, can I go downstairs and watch Suite Life?"  Then Little Mom-Mom bird rubs her eyes and it all begins again....

Mom, can I watch kid shows?
Mom, I want chocolate muffins for breakfast.
Mom, is Daddy already at work?
Mom, what is your favorite Harry Potter movie?
Mom, I got markers on my PJ's.

I think I may have to pass a new rule in the land of the Mom-Mom Birds.  For 30 days everyone must address me as Queen Hesperia Listerwalken Picklepantalones.  No abbreviations, no exceptions.  And if you can't call me by my full moniker, then you are not allowed to address me at all!  And I shall revel in the silence!

Oh shut up, I can dream, can't I?

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes writing about it helps me realize how funny this shit is, even when it is driving me insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why is it that even when Dad is home, "MOM" is still the only word they know how to use?

    ReplyDelete