Monday, February 22, 2010

Fruit salad... Yummy Nummy!



I love fruit salad but I don't like it plain and I don't like it with Cool Whip or anything really sweet. Besides, we can all do with a little less high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated veggie oil and various other things we can't pronounce! So I rummaged through the fridge and the pantry and came up with something healthy, yet totally yummy!

To me, fruit salad changes with whatever I have available fruit-wise. Today we had ripe nectarines, bananas, apples, clementines, some freshly cut pineapple and I thawed some frozen marionberries, raspberries and blueberries. I mixed them all well and set them aside. I took about 1 cup of plain yogurt, mixed in around a tbsp or so of honey and some vanilla. I served up the fruit, drizzled it in yogurt sauce and sprinkled it with almonds! The kids adored it and I felt totally guilt-free giving it to them. I even encouraged seconds! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment