Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Great Blizzard of 2010

OK, so maybe not a blizzard, really more of a light dusting, but still... WE GOT SNOW HERE PEOPLE! Central Texas! SNOW! And although I know that in comparison to other parts of the world this is so entirely pathetic, we absolutely made the very best of it! We let it fall on our tongues...

We made snow angels...

We had a snowball fight and of course, the biggie---we made a BONAFIDE SNOWMAN! (And I'll tolerate no chuckling about the puniness of said snowman from the peanut gallery up north!) ;-)

Papa even treated us to a batch of snow ice cream (post to follow shortly)! So it may not have been much snow, but for us here in the heart of Texas it was more than we've seen in 5 years, so we RAN WITH IT! And I just have to say, I'm not a fan of snow in any amount, but this snow was perfect, fluffy and wonderful. What a treat for my baby girl who has never until today ever experienced snow. She's seen pictures, but she's never touched it, never tasted it and certainly never been slugged by a giganto snowball (that's right... PROPS TO MAMA for a solid hit)! This was the happiest my kids have been in weeks! I am so glad that Big Daddy insisted we call it a "Snow Day", just wish he could have joined the fun. Work sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment