Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Knight in Shining Armor

These kids are growing up SO fast! It's like I blink and they're a foot taller. And maybe I'm just bit more sentimental at the moment. We have been transferring photos into another program and I've been perusing a lot of the old pics, reminiscing about things from a lifetime ago that feel like yesterday! I've always heard folks say, "Enjoy them while they're young, cuz they grow up fast!" I always thought this was such a load of crap! I mean it takes 18 years for a child to reach adulthood, that's like FOREVER! Wrong. I went from looking into the eyes of my beautiful, helpless, blue-eyed infant son to looking into the eyes of a clever, self-reliant, 8 year-old in what seems like no time at all! How is that even fair? And my sweet Piggy has gone from a tiny baby to a chattering pre-schooler overnight and sadly she's going to be a teenager before I know it! I keep wondering who hit the fast-forward button? And really what a pity. I mean if there were any part of my life I'd like to slow down and enjoy more, it would be this part. For someone who never planned on having kids, I sure got sucked into the whole parent thing, hook, line and sinker! And I've never enjoyed anything more in my life!

That being said, I'd like to give a shout out to my Big Daddy! I mean obviously without his, well shall we say "input", we'd still be running around free, traveling, partying, having fun with lots of extra income, but I would have never found what made me truly whole. He is the one who gets up everyday, hits the pavement, deals with a shitload of stress and brings home a steady paycheck and an insurance plan. And yeah, we could totally use the extra income that I could bring in if I had a full-time job, but even in the hardest of times, he says, "Ain't no thing but a chicken wing, Baby" (which, by the way, instantly makes me feel better)! He insists that not only are the lives of the children better because I stay home, but his life is better as well. He would rather give up my income to have happy, home-schooled kids, a relatively clean house, clean laundry, home-cooked meals, and on occasion some free time (regardless of how infrequent!) It's his sacrifices that allow me to spend my days doing what I love the most, which is raising, schooling and playing with my rugrats. I have had the unbelievable good fortune to witness every milestone of both of my children and for that I am forever grateful.

So in closing, I'd like to address the man himself, my very own knight in shining armor--
I appreciate all that you do, you are my partner, my best friend and my soulmate! I couldn't imagine sharing this crazy adventure we call life with anyone else. You have truly given me two of the greatest gifts. Our children. And the ability to stay home with them. I know it's hard as hell at times for both of us, but I wouldn't change it for the world. You totally rock and you truly are my lobster! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! Dad's deserve a shout-out every once in awhile:)

    ReplyDelete