Monday, March 1, 2010

What's on the Menu? Pork tenderloin and root veggies

As you know from the previous post, I had a pretty healthy harvest of turnips. So I of course had to figure out something to do with said turnips! I didn't have enough to make mashed turnips, so I thought maybe if I roasted some other root veggies with them, I'd have enough for a full dish. So I went online looking for some sort of recipe for roasted veggies and lo and behold, Paula Deen came to the rescue! She had a marinated pork tenderloin with root vegetables that looked easy and yummy! So I thought what the hell? For the recipe, please click... Paula Deen's Pork Tenderloin with Root Vegetables. The only thing I did different was substitute rutabagas (which I didn't have) with more turnips and sweet potatoes. And just as an FYI, the sweet potatoes rocked! The whole meal was SUPER easy to prepare and it was absolutely delicious. I complemented the root veggies and tenderloin with the turnip greens (you have to LOVE a vegetable that you can eat the root AND the leaves!) I prepared the greens with a little dijon mustard mixed into the broth and it was stellar! And as if that wasn't enough good food, I finished the meal off with a warm, down-home, apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream. Scrumptious! Don't believe me? Then judge for yourself!

Main course

Dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment