Monday, July 26, 2010

What's on the menu... Makeshift Rice Frittata

The kids wanted pancakes for breakfast but I wasn't really in the mood for syrupy sweet this morning so I started to rifle through the fridge to see what my options were. I had leftover rice from stir-fry, various veggies, spinach and cheeses, and of course eggs! So I grabbed the rice, mixed in two eggs, shredded some spinach and a little colby jack cheese, sprinkled in some salt and pepper, then slapped it all into a non-stick frying pan. After a few minutes on each side I ended up with this...
And it was YUMMY!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'll be trying this fo sho'! We're always looking for a good a.m. meal to go with the smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids aren't so much fans of it, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete