Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Garden visitors--Take 2



This has been a great week for garden visitors! First my tiny lizard in the black-eyed peas, then the next day I found a tiny baby gecko which I did manage to catch and show the kids, but he did a suicide dive off my hand into the parsley box before I could snap a pic! Then I had a wonderful night-time visitor. We noticed something hopping around the tomato bed one evening and low and behold, the first toad of the season! It's just been too hot and dry for these guys. He was a quite the fatty as you can see! He is welcome to come and feast on buggies anytime!

Unfortunately the next visitor did not grace my garden, he was found snorfelling around the folks' patio. They are backed up to a green space and this little feller squeezed under the fence in search of delectable bugs and grubs! I have been in Texas almost 7 years now and I've yet to see a LIVE armadillo. I've only seen them mashed on the side of the road. :( But how lucky that the folks had such a fantastic little visitor! I'm looking forward to seeing what else decides to visit their yard in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment