Friday, August 20, 2010

My Obsession with Old Dead Trees

I'm not exactly sure how it started, but I have had somewhat of an obsession with huge, majestic dead trees for years! Each one seems to have its own energy. And I always wonder, what happened to them. Did they die of old age? Was there a fire? A drought? Lightning strike? Infestation? How did they become the skeletons of the forest? During my recent trip to New Mexico I found quite a few of these wise old trees and felt privileged to take their photos and share them with you!

On the road up to the Sierra Blanca ski slope.
On the way down at sunset.
The following photos were taken at Grindstone Lake just outside of Ruidoso.
This was something I had certainly never seen before!


And although this was not the most impressive dead tree I ever saw, what was sitting on it was beyond impressive!
Old dead trees RULE!

2 comments: