Monday, August 23, 2010

What I love about Ruidoso...

-We are lucky enough to have a family that is willing to share this little bit of paradise with us!
-We get to marvel at the stunning New Mexico skies!
-We have awesome neighbors!

Rufous Hummingbird (this particular little dude rules the roost with an iron wing!)

Mule deer

Mountain Blue Jay

There are 3 species of woodpecker around the cabin, this one is an Acorn Woodpecker and it's the largest of the three. The other two are Hairy Woodpeckers and Downy Woodpeckers.

Bitchy squirrel! This thing chattered and bitched at me every time I went under its tree!

Female grosbeak

Chipmunk! I love these guys! Most of the photos I have of them are of their tails as they fly out frame at the last nanosecond!

-We have some rude neighbors too, but even they're pretty awesome!

"Ummm, excuse me, but you are a little too fat to be climbing on that rail!"

"Ummm, hello! That's our trash! Could you please stop tearing it up and put it back where you found it!"

-Ruidoso happens to have the best cherry cider I've ever had!
-We get to take advantage of all the fun stuff the area has to offer! (But I'll have to touch on those in upcoming posts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment