Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So what do you on a Sunday afternoon in 100* heat?

You adopt a Muppet!
Welcome Sir Roddy the Kissyface (aka Rowdy Roddy)! He came to us through From the Heart Animal Rescue, which is the same rescue organization that we went through when we adopted Otis Potis. He was found running scared on the shoulder of Highway 71 out by Bastrop. A good Samaritan pulled over and literally scooped him off the busy road. She planned to keep him but sadly her Borzois decided he looked like a rabbit and tried to kill him, so she contacted From the Heart and they agreed to foster him. I noticed his pic a couple of weeks ago, but we weren't ready to adopt before our vacation. When I got home and saw that he was still available I inquired as to his temperament and house-training, both of which checked out. I took the kids to see him at a FTH remote where boy and dog bonded immediately! I talked Big Daddy into taking Nigel and the kids down to check him out the next day. Approximately 2 hours after arriving, we were headed home with our newest addition!

He is certainly NOT the type of dog I would have necessarily chosen for myself, except for that face! I've never been a fan of wire-haired, ankle-biters, but when you've got another dog and two small children, you HAVE to go for personality and temperament and he surely fit the bill! He's a fun little guy, just enough of a puppy to be bouncy and fun, but old enough not to be a complete shit! He's pretty small, less than 10 lbs but he has spunk. Then again, he's a terrier, they're known for spunk and moxy! Sadly he came to us full of fleas and worms, but that's been remedied and all is well. Now if Nigel can get a grip and realize he IS the dominant dog and Roddy isn't challenging that, things will be fine. I suppose I can't expect them to establish pecking order in 2 days! To close, here is my favorite picture to date, Sir Roddy the Froggy-Legged!
Oh and have I mentioned how great it is to adopt! Support your local shelters and rescue organizations, they are full of wonderful dogs in need of homes!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the family, Sir Roddy! I'll be eagerly awaiting your very own vacation pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy, he'll have to wait a little before his vacation! He's a runner, so no off-leashing for awhile. He gets to go to Blues on the Green tonight though!

    ReplyDelete