Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter, Easter, Bunny Keester!

What do you call a line of rabbits walking backwards?
---A receding HAREline! Hee!Hee!

Sorry, I couldn't resist, it was the best bunny joke I've heard this season! So anyway... we were pretty worried that our Easter Egg Hunt was going to get rained out. The forecasters spread doom and gloom for days, but as it turns out we had a light shower Sunday morning followed by clear blue skies and unlimited sunshine! A perfect recipe for a wonderful afternoon with the family!


As usual, that sneaky Easter Bunny did his thing while we were hustling and bustling, trying to get showered and dolled up to take some spring photos. We grabbed the camera and headed out the front door to find baskets of goodies on the porch and a yard full of colorful eggs! The kids went nuts! They were running all over the yard like a pair of crazed squirrels trying to find acorns! The Monkey Man quickly realized that there were 3 types of eggs, ones that made "shaky-shaky" sounds had confetti, ones that went "thunk thunk" had candy, and ones that went "jingle jingle" had coins! Needless to say, if they didn't jingle, he didn't bother! But that was alright because the Piggy was much more interested in the "thunk thunk" eggs with the chocolate! Mama's girl fer sure!

After hunting and looting and stuffing their faces with Peeps and Butterfinger eggs (SO GOOD by the way!) it was time to break out the cascarones, literally! Last year the Piggy wasn't a big fan of confetti eggs, I was hoping she would be more open-minded this year! I was preparing for the utter mayhem that usually accompanies confetti egg fights, but was taken by surprise when my two decided to carefully crack the eggs and just sprinkle confetti on each other! Then they would gently remove the shells from each other's hair. They looked like a pair of monkeys grooming each other!


Shake it off Monkey!

The confetti actually stained her head! She still has pink spots on her scalp after 2 washes!

The remnants of a Happy Easter!



Here I am, surveying the aftermath, soaking up the luxurious sun and feeling utterly content in my little part of the world! How could I not be? I had a fantastic day with my family, watching my children revel in the simple things in life like sunshine, light breezes, blue skies, confetti eggs, sugar covered marshmallows and loads of hugs and kisses! I'm hoping each and every one of you also had a glorious day! In closing, I would like to thank my Big Daddy for some of the great shots in this entry! He doesn't get to shoot very often, but when he does, it's AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment