Saturday, April 4, 2009

Crickets, geckos and freshly mowed grass

It's been a long day of cleaning house, mowing the lawn, doing laundry, baking bread and cookies, and preparing for a baby shower and a road trip. It's been an even longer day because I had to do all this solo while Big Daddy rehearsed then headed out for a big gig. But now things have calmed a bit, the kids are watching a movie and being nice to each other, I am catching up on a few of my favorite blogs, I have the windows wide open, breathing cool fresh air, smelling the freshly mowed grass and listening to the crickets sing! Every once in awhile I see little gecko streak across the window in search of tasty buggies! A glass of wine in hand and it's good to be me!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds lovely, I wish I had some wine. All I have around is straight vodka and I have other peoples' kids so I can't hit the hard stuff. I am also reading blogs (sort of) peacefully. The toddler is asleep but the 3 girls are not!!!! See you tomorrow with those cookies:)

    ReplyDelete