Friday, April 10, 2009

What's on the menu? Leafy greens and Warm Potato Salad


Thanks to my rockin' little garden, I was able to serve a luscious salad with various types of lettuce and spinach for dinner last night! I was also able to make my warm potato salad with scallions and parsley straight from the garden! Feeding the family nutritious and beautiful produce from my own backyard just makes me all giddy!

Warm Potato Salad

1-lb little red potatoes
4 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. Dijon or spicy mustard
1/2 c. olive oil
2 scallions
fresh parsley
Salt and pepper

Slice potatoes into circles. Boil until tender, but not mushy. While potatoes are boiling, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and mustard, add salt and pepper to taste. Once thoroughly mixed add scallions and about 2-3 tbsp. of fresh parsley. Drain potatoes, drizzle with dressing, garnish with parsley, serve warm. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment