Monday, June 28, 2010

What's on the Menu? Fairytale Eggplant!


So here they are in all of their glory, all whopping 4 inches of them! Aren't they just the cutest little things you ever did see?!?! I just want to pinch them they're so cute! Well for about the last week or two I have been picking at least 2 a day, but since they are so small, I had to save up awhile in order to make a decent-sized dish. I finally managed to harvest enough to do something with, but then I was like, how do I cook these adorable little eggplants? The search was on! I can tell you, there aren't a lot of eggplant recipes out there that don't involve the big fat black beauty eggplants and lots of breading or oil! But finally I stumbled across a lovely blog called "Figs with Bri" where she actually had some recipes for this particular variety of eggplant! Woo-hoo! I tried her Thai-inspired meal of red curry with a side of fairytale eggplant. It looked lovely and I was intrigued, so I tried it out! Here was my finished product, not as pretty as her dish, but tasty nonetheless! I personally made my curry with chicken and I left out the jalapeno from the eggplant so the Monkey Bunch would actually eat it! I also peeled my eggplants as I hear that eggplant skins can cause digestive upset and that's the LAST thing anyone needs in my house! But I have to say, the eggplant was tender, tasty and absolutely not bitter! I'm not a fan of the black beauty eggplants, but I'd eat these sweet little dudes any day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment