Monday, March 23, 2009

Beginnings of a rockstar...


Music isn't just something to listen to in my home, it's a way of life. Everything has a soundtrack around here! If we are in the car... music is playing, if we're cleaning house... music is playing, if we're sitting out back relaxing... music is playing. So it seems only natural that the Monkey Man would be drawn to this. You have some kids that are all about team sports, then you have my son, who could care less about soccer but will sit and discuss the tasty guitar licks that Tony Iommi is throwing out on "War Pigs"! It makes a mama proud!

Big Daddy and the Monkey Man have a special connection with music, a place where they can truly relate to one another and it's AWESOME! Big Daddy plays drums in a local band and happens to be pretty versed in the Garage Band program. So, father and son haul up in front of the computer with headphones on, and record the Monkey Man's greatest hits! They were at it again last night, and admittedly, I could have done without the content, what is it with 7 y.o. boys and death and destruction?!? But who am I to stomp on his creativity? I mean he focused long enough to write the lyrics for a 2 min. 40 sec. song! That's impressive no matter how you look at it! So, while I sewed little summer dresses, I listened to an outpouring of creative juices that evolved into a song reminiscent of Nine Inch Nails and Deep Purple. He called it "The Evil" and he is VERY proud! So is his mama.

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Will it be released to the public anytime soon? I can still remember the first song of his I ever heard, I believe it was a "self-titled" number:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can post video on blogger, not sure how to post mp3, but I will be looking into it! But death and destruction aside, the song is quite amusing.

    ReplyDelete