Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Garden, Happy Mama, Glorious Bounty!

Finally! The rain has come again! It smells magnificent outside! We didn't get a lot so far, but even this small amount has made my heart and my garden sing! I went to check on the garden and take some photos and was rewarded with quite the bounty. My garden isn't very big and it hasn't been the most fruitful venture, YET, but I still love it and I'm still proud of it! There is work to be done though, which will be addressed in a later entry. But for now, it is divine! Nothing beats fresh green onions straight from the ground or spinach leaves snipped less than 50 ft. away from your dinner table!

Mint and parsley


Sweet baby lettuce, oh baby!


I ended up not fencing my spinach and it is growing! So I don't know if Mr. Rat moved away or if he just got sick of my spinach. Either way, good riddance! I am happy to be the one eating the spinach now!


A small but glorious harvest!

2 comments:

  1. Not quite time for basil. I'll be planting this weekend, now that my dill has keeled over!

    ReplyDelete