Thursday, March 26, 2009

What the hail is up with that?

I'm just sick over this. Big Daddy is WAY sick over this. Hail is a fairly common occurrence in Central Texas, but thus far, we have been pretty lucky and only suffered very minor damage. While at work, Big Daddy's sweet little car was basically obliterated by lemon-sized hail. He ran out to the parking lot just before it started to move it farther under the big trees in the parking lot. While he was in the car it hit and he got stranded in his car. He said it sounded like a pack of teenagers beating his car with baseball bats. Every single panel has major damage, his mirrors were broken, it's just a mess! Nothing either of us could have done about it! Just one of those freak things. He called me in a panic, telling me to drive my car to a carwash or something and get it protected, but I had a sleeping baby in the house. So I spent 10 minutes, throwing shit around the garage and managed to slip my car in like a sardine in between all the drum gear and filing cabinets and boxes for recycling! But the hail had greatly diminished by the time it got here and my car is fine, whew!



I guess the next step is dealing with insurance. We've never had to make a hail claim before and this one's gonna be a doozie! Oh well, his car may be messed up, but at least he was OK. I'm glad it didn't break the windshield or anything crazy like that!

6 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP! I will NEVER complain about the "hail" we get in Oregon again....his poor roof!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more reason we drive cr**py old cars!

    I can't believe Miss A slept through that! Over here it was LOUD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pretty puny once it got over here, but the area over around 183 and McNeil got pommeled! And the Piggy sleeps through everything EXCEPT that noisy damn car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard but to see! That is a mess. Oh, my.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hail sure - you were dancing on the car in high heels again weren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn it Sean... you know me too well!

    ReplyDelete