Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Little spring dresses

A friend of mine turned me on to some really cool fabric! It has a "ruched" top (I hope that's the correct term) and regular fabric at the bottom. I understand that it is available at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Hancock, not sure about Hobby Lobby. So here's how to make sweet little sundresses with minimal effort, minimal price and you don't have to be sempstress of the year! I was able to make two of these dresses for less than $8, cheaper than Wal-Mart! Yee-haw!

Step 1: Cut to the length and width you want. I just wrapped it around my Piggy and pinned it where it fit snug. Sew a seam down the back and hem.

Step 2: Make some little straps with the leftover fabric. I chose to make 4 so I could tie the dress over her shoulders and it would be adjustable. You could make two straps and halter it instead.

Finished!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable, and you've got to love cheap and easy (so to speak).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful...I might just have to make Charlie one of these..thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial about making this sweet baby dress for spring!! I'll try this!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, thanks for stopping in for a visit! I just started making a shorter one that will be more like a shirt. I hope you have luck with yours! And the great thing is, they make this fabric for big girls too! I'm thinking of making one for myself! Mama's deserve a nice spring dress too!

    ReplyDelete